Daily RSS Feed Reads Over a Cup of Coffee
As one of the items on my personal “resolutions” kanban for 2010, I shortened my list of RSS feeds I’ve subscribed to. I will now only keep the RSS feeds in Google Reader that I can actually zero out by Friday close of business. Too many times, we grow these unmanageable lists of feeds, only to see them grow and grow. As a project manager, you don’t accept more and more work, until tasks are completely unmanageable. Why should reading be any different? In order to handle tasks, both management and reading, I allocate time for planned “work” and unplanned “work”.
The more people I follow on Twitter, the more recommended blog posts I read (unplanned) on a daily basis. I now find myself reading more of these posts than my (planned) RSS reading. My colleague Sridhar of Hyderabad, India, asked if I would provide a list of RSS feeds I subscribe to. The topics I am interested in include: Project Management (who would have thought), Agile, Kanban, and Entrepreneurial topics. I’ll admit this is not a complete list. I also like to see pictures of epic kludges and jury rigs and pictures of the people of Walmart.
Here is my list of RSS Feed Reads (in alphabetical order) that I enjoy over a cup of coffee:
- Agile Development Blog
- Alec Satin – People, Projects, and Process
- CottagePM.com – Project Management for the rest of us
- Deep Fried Brain – PMP Exam Prep
- Geoff Crane – Solid Portfolio Management with a sharp wit
- How to Manage a Camel – Project Management
- Jason Calacanis – CEO of Mahalo.com and creator of This Week In StartUps
- Jim Benson – Personal Kanban
- Josh Nankivel – Founder of PM Student and creator of WBS Coach
- Mike Cottmeyer – Agile Leadership and Project Management
- Mixergy – Where the ambitious learn from experienced mentors