Free High Quality Hand Drawings

While trying to locate some graphics for a recent blog post, I received a notification from Twitter that an account called Pictofigo had followed me.  Curious about who they were, I checked out the Pictofigo website. This was exactly what I was looking for!  Pictofigo provides high quality freehand drawings for project managers, presenters, and web designers in an easy and efficient way. It is 100% free but I would recommend making a donation to keep them motivated.  If I was an adviser to their organization, I would recommend they establish a paid tier and start charging for their product.  With just 172 drawings (graphics) in their database, I would love to see their product offerings grow.

The graphics remind me a lot of a very cool tool called Balsamiq.  You can use Balsamiq to create mockups of websites or applications.  I haven’t personally used Balsamiq so maybe I’ll contact them to see if I can do a review of their product.  In the meantime, you can go to Pictofigo now and get some graphics.

Graphic: Pictofigo

8 Responses to “Free High Quality Hand Drawings”

1. August 30, 2010 at 3:11 am

Hi, I checked out the site and I agree there’s some great drawings, although I would give them a different piece of advice. They need to think about the fact that the world it made up of men and women. There are no women in any of the drawings.

When they have done that, they can consider charging for their work.

August 30, 2010 at 11:49 am

Wow, I had to go to the site to believe it with my own eyes. I feel like I just participated in a Rorschach test. I will admit, being a 40-something white male, I missed that completely. Considering 50% of the people in my PMO are women, you certainly have a valid point. Let’s also not forget those of different race or ethnicity.

2. August 29, 2010 at 8:11 pm

When they have done that, they can consider charging for their work.

August 30, 2010 at 4:49 am

3. Derek Huether
    August 31, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Since initially posting, Pictofigo has informed me that they plan to create a set of all-female drawings as well. They have also created a few new drawings with a Scrum theme.

4. Derek Huether
    August 31, 2010 at 6:26 am

5. centrino
    November 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Hello Derek, these pictures are indeed art. But how did you create your Personal Kanban picture ? did you combine / merge several Pictofigo pictures ? Or did you draw the missing parts (the board with Backlog, WIP, and done) ?

Greetings from Brussels