I am happy to report that LeadingAgile is ramping up its Public Training Program. We will now offer regularly scheduled public training classes in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Early bird registration (30 days or more before class start date) will be heavily rewarded, by way of a $300 discount. The first class to be announced is the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner. For those unfamiliar with LeadingAgile, though all of us offer training, we're all actually Agile practitioners by trade, with years of real-world experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds, allowing us to offer relevant training specific to the needs of the individual student. Both our public and private classes move at a steady but relaxing pace, delivering the right combination of applicable information, Q&A, and interactive exercises.
When it’s time for your respective exam, you will pass because you understand the concepts, not because you memorized questions and answers. When you go back to your organizations, you will have the confidence of knowing that you understand the fundamentals and how to apply then.
There are a lot of companies out there who offer training but do so from an ivory tower. The trainers aren't actual practitioners so they aren't going to be able to answer your questions based on their experiences. When it comes to knowledge about the PMI-ACP content, no company comes close to LeadingAgile. Both Mike and Dennis were on the ACP Steering Committee and I was an Independent Reviewer. After the exam pilot phase concluded, I transitioned to a new role as Co-Lead of the PMI-ACP Support Team at the PMI Agile Community of Practice.
|Contact Hours/PDUs: 21 CEUs: 2.1||Public or Private: Both Duration: 3 Days - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm|
|August 20-22||Tampa, FL||$1395.00||$1695.00||Register|
|September 10-12||Reston, VA||$1395.00||$1695.00||Register|
Who Should Attend
Certainly, if you're interested in getting the PMI-ACP certification, you should take this class. But, it doesn't matter if you're an executive, traditional project manager, or a member of a team. This class is going to give you a lot of value. In a typical workshop, I've seen anyone from a CTO to an Extreme Programmer to a Tester. Come with an open mind and you'll see how we're on the bleeding edge of Agile thought leadership.
Attendees will receive a complementary copy of the class training material, ACP practice exam, and ACP flashcards.
Though this course was originally designed to be an exam prep course, it was enhanced to be an introduction into the principles, values, and practices of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and Extreme Programming. Our course is developed around a fun 3-day exercise, simulation, and game driven curriculum that encourages signifiant interaction amongst everyone participating in the course. Topics include:
- Understand the Agile Manifesto Values and Principles
- Have an end-to-end understanding of Scrum, its key roles, artifacts, and meetings
- Understand what are and why we use big visible charts or information radiators
- Understand Scrum from a ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and empowered Team perspectives
- Know and understand the XP (Extreme Programming) roles and who does what
- Understand Test Driven Development. Know how it works and why it’s valuable
- Understand Continuous Integration. Know how it works and why it’s valuable
- Understand the Lean Software Development Principles
- Know what Lean Portfolio Management is and how your organization could benefit from it
- Understand what Value Stream Mapping is and how to do it
- Understand the basics of Kanban, WIP, and why it works
- Know how to write and identify good User Stories
- Know what Personas are and how to use them
- Understand what makes a Servant Leader and what they do
- Understand Velocity and its usefulness
- Know Agile Estimation techniques
- Know facilitation methods
- Understand how Agile deals with risks
- Understand the Definition of "Ready" and “Done”
- ...much more...
If you are interested in private training for your organization or team, please contact us for more information.