I am very excited to announce that I will begin offering my own 3-day PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner Certification Prep workshop, beginning September 26-28. The workshop will be offered at the Bridge Education Training Facility located at 6716 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 100, in Columbia, Maryland. As an added bonus, for those who register for the September (and the to-be-announced October) class, I will give each attendee a free ticket to AgileDC 2011.
Count on 3 full days of learning, simulation, and Legos!
Who Should Attend/Prerequisites
Although this prep course is primarily targeted towards project management professionals interested in achieving the PMI-ACP(sm) certification, it could benifit many others. It is an effective foundation for anyone interested in adopting and leveraging Agile techniques, including Product & Line Managers, Program Managers, IT Managers, or Senior Technicians.
The PMI-ACP(sm) certification requires the candidate to have 2,000 hours of general Project Management experience, 1,500 hours of Agile Project Management experience, 21 training hours in an Agile specific curriculum, and pass the PMI-ACP(sm) certification exam.
This course will satisfy all of the training requirements for the exam. After taking this course, students will have the strong foundation needed to begin preparing for the certification exam.
Take your course from one of only a few instructors who were independent reviewers of the curriculum, as it was being developed. As independent reviewers of the PMI-ACP, it was our job to modify, revise, update or delete elements to ensure that it was comprehensive, contemporary (reflective of current practice), concise, and clear.
The course will provide a broad survey of Agile PM tools, techniques, skills, and knowledge areas. Within the 3-Day course, we will cover all 6 domains of the upcoming PMI-ACP exam
- Value Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Boosting Team Performance Practices
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
Some of the topics covered include:
- Active Listening
- Adaptive Leadership
- Agile Frameworks and Terminology
- Agile Manifesto Values and Principles
- Agile Project Accounting Principles
- Assessing and Incorporating Stakeholder Values
- Applying New Agile Practices
- Building High Performance and Empowered Teams
- Coaching and Mentoring within teams
- Communications Management
- Co-Located and Geographically Distributed Teams
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Improvement
- Elements of a Project Charter for an Agile project
- Facilitation Methods
- Feedback Techniques (e.g. Prototypes, Simulation, Demonstration, Evaluation)
- Globalization, Culture, and Team Diversity
- Incremental Delivery
- Innovation Games
- Knowledge and Information Sharing
- Leadership tools and Techniques
- PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Problem Solving Strategies
- Product Roadmapping
- Progressive Elaboration
- Project and Quality Standards
- Principles of Systems Thinking (e.g., complex adaptive, chaos)
- Stakeholder Management
- Team Motivation Techniques
- Time, Budget, and Cost Estimation
- Variations of Agile Methods and Approaches
- Value Based Analysis, Decomposition, and Prioritization
Monday, September 26, 2011 9:00 AM - Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
Bridge Education Training Facility
6716 Alexander Bell Dr.
Columbia, Maryland 21046
$1,495 per attendee (plus travel and expenses for private workshops)
Drawing courtesy of Pictofigo